Thursday, March 6, 2008

TEACHER

This word has deep meaning for me. For the first time, I came here everything was terrible for me. My world changed, Everything was different. The weather, foods, language, and I had no friends. Suddenly, my little girl was gonna changed too. She became an angry girl. Almost all the time she cried. She looks like she is not happy. She jumped around from table to table, she ran around the house. She always paid attention to me. I was crazy!! First three months I lived here was the hardest time of my life.

Until January, 2007, when we moved to our own house, everything was better, except my little girl. She is still wild, but better than before. I can handle her. Now when I am looking our first three months living here, my hearth is full of blessing. Sekar, my little girl, is becoming a good girl. She is cooperating with me, or other ones. A couple of weeks ago, she showed me how to write her name. Amazing!! I almost cried to see her. My little girl has written.

Since September 2007, she joined Alpine Christian Academy (ACA) Pre-K. And at the same time when she went to school, I joined an ESL program to practice my English. She loved school for the first time she came. After school, I always ask her, "Sekar, are you happy?" Just to make sure she enjoys her activity.

After that, she counts from 1 until 20. She can recognize A - Z correctly. But writing her name is out of my expectation. It has happened, because all of the teachers who really care for Sekar. Thank God for all of this. One step of my job to taking care of her is done with their help. Thank you Mrs. Baar, Mrs. Rojo, and Mrs. O' Keeffe. You all make a big difference to Sekar. And thank you Mrs. Rodden for make me confident to write in English. I had a lot of fun when I joined your English class.

3 comments:

  1. Wow its great to know you wrote this blog. Its amazing. I am so proud of you. At first I knew u r a very smart woman and would be willing to learn more and more. Know u did it girl !!! congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you bu guru.... Gimana grammarku??? Acak kadut?? he..he... gpp yg penting PD ajeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beginning of a new you who braves to express your thought in English dont worry too much about your grammar. It will improve by itself. So far so good the readers can get your idea easily. Yup....be PD aja ha..ha... its really good though.

    ReplyDelete